The Scottish Government wants to know your views on a new Climate Change Act. A strong Climate Act is needed to tackle climate change, and create jobs, improve health and reduce poverty.
Take action now, and ask the First Minister for a strong Scottish Climate Change Act and a prosperous, healthy Scotland:
- Set a target of zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 at the latest, and a reduction of 77% by 2030
- Ensure that future finance budgets are consistent with our climate targets
- Commit to actions that cut emissions and deliver and cleaner, healthier, more prosperous Scotland:
- greener farming: set a nitrogen budget for Scotland by 2020
- energy efficient homes: ensure that all homes have at least Energy Performance Rating C by 2025
- cleaner transport: phase out the sale of new fossil fuel cars by 2030.